Catholic Schools develop Christian leaders, responsible citizens and life-long learners.
The formation of our children is first and foremost the responsibility of the parents, and is something that needs to be modeled in our homes. Thankfully, however, the Church has made it possible for parents to work alongside the greater Catholic community in helping shape the Church’s youngest members.
Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Vancouver, as a faith community, are committed to excellence in Catholicity and in all areas that promote the development of the whole child to his or her full potential.
Note: Religious education for children (grades 1-7) attending public schools is via the parish-based PREP (Parish Religious Education Program).
· Parents are the primary educators of their children and the role of our school is to support and foster the education that has begun at home.
· Our school is a community of faith guided by prayer, appreciation of the scriptures, love and compassion.
· Providing a wide range of academic, athletic, spiritual and artistic opportunities will help our students to reach their full potential.
· Our goal is to help students become Christian leaders, responsible citizens and life-long learners.
· Positive classroom environments with dedicated staff members who strive to engage all learners.
· A wide variety of extra-curricular activities that appeal to a range of talents, interests and skill sets.
· A Learning Assistance Department that believes in inclusion, dignity of the individual and the desire to make every student successful.
· Opportunities for academic exploration and enrichment.
· A learning environment that nurtures a Christian behaviour among students, a respectful attitude towards peers, school authorities, and a respect for all property.
Saint John Brebeuf High School is the only Catholic Secondary School in the central Fraser Valley in BC. It was founded in 1992 and has grown over the years into a school that is committed to developing the complete individual. Saint John Brebeuf provides the setting for spiritual, academic, physical, moral and ethical development.
At the heart of our school is our Catholic Faith. Our love of Jesus Christ and his teachings provide the strongest foundations of learning. Our students learn to live with love and compassion for others.
St. John Brebeuf boasts a small, tight-knit community with a large heart. Our staff and students all know each other allowing the school to help every student reach their full potential. We challenge students academically and ensure that every individual is treated with dignity.
At St. John Brebeuf, our students graduate with more than a High School Dogwood Diploma. They leave well-prepared for life. They leave with confidence, a moral backbone and a broad view of the world.
Sending your child to St. John Brebeuf High School is truly a worthwhile investment into their future.